Supporting our communities
At FCM we take our responsibility as truly global corporate citizens very seriously. Our commitment to Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) shines through in everything we do.
The Flight Centre Foundation
The Flight Centre Foundation harnesses the collective good of over 18,000 people within the Flight Centre Travel Group worldwide. It provides all employees with a means to support nominated charities through workplace giving and fundraising initiatives.
In South Africa, these charities include the Philile Foundation, the Hope Factory, Afrika Tikkun, Thusanang School, the Saartjie Baartman Centre and Holah Baby House. Through staff donations and commitment of time resources addressing social issues, the Flight Centre Foundation contributes over R250,000 to these charities per annum.
In our commitment to breaking the cycle of poverty through education, our Bursary Programme provides bursaries to children from disadvantaged backgrounds from Grade 8 to tertiary and beyond. Our goal is to not only offer financial assistance to pay fees, bit to assist with the social and emotional aspects of the child’s life, offering guidance and mentorship.
FCM's Environmental Policy
In all parts of the world, FCM Travel Solutions values its natural and urban environments. Sound environmental practices form an important part of our sustainable development policy and we are committed to protecting our surrounding environs in our day-to-day operations.
We aim to nurture a corporate culture in which all members of our global family respect the environment, and play a willing role in our protection of the environment.
In addition, Flight Centre South Africa is actively working to reduce energy usage by:
- Using sensor lighting in all head office locations
- Installing energy efficient lighting in new tenancy areas, including open plan offices and meeting rooms
- Minimising after hours air-conditioning use
- Installing blinds to minimise cooling and heating costs
- Installing multi-purpose devices to reduce the number of appliances in use
- Having automatic switch off time clocks for all signage
- Encouraging staff to switch-off appliances and equipment when not in use
- Procuring energy efficient appliances to replace existing stock
- Taking significant steps to reduce waste through recycling and waste reduction