FCm TRAVEL SOLUTIONS CELEBRATES 10 YEARS OF GROWTH AND SUCCESS
September 15, 2014
FCm Travel Solutions has won Africa’s Leading Business Travel Agency award at the World Travel awards for the second consecutive year, and what’s more this is as the company enjoys its 10th birthday celebrations.
Travel teams throughout FCm's global network, which spans 89 countries, will this week be reflecting on 10 years of growth and amazing milestones. Recognised as the fifth largest travel management company in the world, FCm is the flagship global corporate travel brand of the Flight Centre Travel Group (FCTG).
“What a fabulous birthday present to receive as we turn 10,” says Melanie Walljee, managing director, FCm Travel Solutions South Africa. “To be nominated as the best on the continent is a pleasure and privilege that we are exceptionally proud of. By working with our industry partners over the past 10 years, we have been able to create genuine savings by customising travel programs to suit the individual needs of each and every client. Our focus is on negotiating the right deals for our client’s business and providing personal service through small, dedicated teams.”
A brief snapshot of FCm's milestones over the past decade, include:
- Major acquisitions for FCm as part of FCTG including China Comfort Travel Co Ltd in Beijing, Friends Globe Travels Limited India, Bannockburn Travel Management Chicago, Garber Travel Service Inc Boston, Air Services International Singapore and Travelplan Corporate Limited Dublin
- Being named by the World Travel Awards as the 'World's Leading Travel Management Company' for three consecutive years
- Developing our own line of NextGen travel technology for clients including - FCm ClientBank, FCm Portal, FCm Mobile, FCm Secure
- The strategic growth of the network now expands to 89 countries
- The success of the Global Hotel Program, which involves partnerships with over 24 000 hotels around the world, SmartSTAY - FCm's exclusive hotel accommodation offering and our customer relationship management tool
FCm's Global Leader, Gregory Lording, says he is proud to be working within a company that values its employees, is always focused on the customer, and maintains a progressive attitude to change.
"Our people and our customers are at the heart of everything we do ... and even though we have our eye on where we need to be in another 10 years, and what technology we'll need to service our customers with by 2024, it is the people who work within this company that play a major role in carrying us forward." FCm currently employs a team of over 6 500 travel industry professionals across the globe.