Finance Minister, Malusi Gigaba, confirmed six new members to the board of South African Airways as well as the full slate of non-executive board members at the airline, which have been approved by the Cabinet.
The new board members are:
- JB Magwaza, chairperson: businessman and corporate executive
- Nolitha Fakude, deputy chairperson: non-executive director at Anglo American
- Geoff Rothschild: businessman and former chair of the JSE
- Ahmed Bassa: aviation expert working as a director at Aerodromes and Contrails
- Tinyiko Mhlari: accountant and director at PSTM Consulting
- Martin Kingston: businessman and CEO of NM Rothschild & Sons
Current Non-Executive Directors who will continue to serve on the board are:
- Swazi Tshabalala: businesswoman
- Peter Tshisevhe: lawyer
- Thandeka Mgoduso: human resources strategist
- Peter Maluleka: director at SAA
- Akhter Moosa: accountant and transport and logistics expert
Board members who will no longer serve are Dudu Myeni, Tryphosa Ramano, Mzimkulu Malunga, Siphile Buthelezi, Nazmeera Moola and Gugu Sepamla.
The changes will be effective from November 3 when the Minister will have a special meeting with the new board.