Uber South Africa has introduced its Incident Response Team (IRT) call-back line for safety-related matters.
Passengers currently have access to the global network of customer support centres for general queries – accessible through the app – but with the IRT call-back line, a ticket can be submitted for a critical safety incident or accident, along with a contact number and short description, and receive a call back from Uber’s Global Incident Response Team within minutes.
“We have listened to the hundreds of thousands of riders using the Uber app in South Africa, and they’ve expressed the need to be able to speak with our teams in the event of a critical safety-related issue. With the introduction of the IRT call-back line, we are able to help riders speak with our dedicated IRT within minutes,” says General Manager for Uber Sub-Saharan Africa, Alon Lits.
How to access the IRT call back line:
- Open the menu of the Uber app, and click ‘Help’
- Click ‘Trip and fare review’
- Select the trip in question
- Select ‘I had a safety-related issue’
- Submit a ticket through the node, including a contact number and short description of the event
- The rider will then receive a call-back within a couple minutes
For more information about the Uber Incident Response Team call-back line and traveller safety precautions contact your FCM Travel Solutions Travel Manager.