Year-end functions are important occasions to thank your staff and/or clients for the year gone by. Our partner, cievents has the experience, passion, creativity and contacts to do everything for you, saving you time and money. Whether you are needing to source a venue, arrange a sit-down awards ceremony for your entire company or a themed cocktail party, cievents has the expertise to inspire your staff and make your event memorable.
If you’ve been tasked with making your company’s year-end function happen, we’ve put together some tips for you on how to make it fabulous.
- 1. It’s always best to plan about six months in advance for the year for your year-end function, but we know this isn’t always possible. Two months can be enough time to plan and put together a really awesome year-end function. Having your budget finalised is a good place to start.
- 2. Plan your theme around your objectives and budget. An idea is to think about the positive things that have happened in your company during the year and focus your theme around that. Although many people love dressing up, not everyone is comfortable doing that so if you are going to have a theme where people are required to be part of the theme, you can ask everyone to wear a hat or scarf which is linked to your theme.
- 3. Venue selection – you need to take into account the type of function, the number of people, the entertainment, parking and type of food served, just to name a few things to consider. It’s important to host the function away from your offices to make your staff feel special and give them a change of scenery. Booking well in advance should qualify you for a discount at most venues.
- 4. Invitations – should be informative and evoke excitement to attend the year-end function. Remember, this event is a thank you for the hard work during the year and maybe an evening of accolades as well. Your invitation should include this information.
- 5. Catering – you need to ensure that you take all of the employee’s dietary requirements into consideration. Sending out a questionnaire when you send out your invitation, where you ask each person’s dietary requirements, works well and allows you to keep track of replies.
Sounds daunting? Our partners at cievents can take care of every detail, including travel and accommodation, sourcing and contracting, organisation, execution and reconciliation.
Take a look at the wrap-up of a recent event they ran for cosmetics giant Estee Lauder.
Estee Lauder ‘Trailer Trash’ Staff Function
In celebration of the successful launch of their new operating system, Estee Lauder wanted to host a fun-filled and motivational team event for their staff. cievents took on the challenge, converting the parking area into a trailer park and inviting 260 staff members to dress up “trashy” for an off-the-wall Trailer Park Trash party.
Logistics included hand-delivered invitations, costume hire for the staff and custom-made décor and lighting which had to be set-up overnight in preparation for the festivities. The catering included themed platters and a uniquely styled bar serving complimentary local beers, craft beers, wine and soft drinks.
Estee Lauder were thrilled and said that cievents delivered the “WOW” factor, exceeding all expectations.
For a year-end function which will inspire, contact cievents today.
0877 40 5190